HP Deskjet printer models are very functional and high-performing devices. But every once in a while, it’s possible to encounter a technical error due to some reason. When you notice your HP Deskjet Plus 4100 offline, it may feel quite annoying as you cannot print anything. This problem is not unique to you. Many HP printer model users have reported encountering offline problem. Thankfully, you don’t need to employ a very complex process to bring your printer online. You can implement a series of simple troubleshooting measures and bid goodbye to this technical glitch. In this article, you’ll read about these effective fixes in detail.
Troubleshooting HP Deskjet Plus 4100 Offline Problem
Some good troubleshooting for this issue includes checking the network, resetting the device, and bringing the printer online manually. Read on to know the complete instructions on using these methods.
Examine your network.
The very first step you must take to fix the offline issue is to check your network. When you’ve linked your printer to the network, ensure that the machine isn’t connected to a host or guest network. Host networks have functionalities like isolation features. It hinders your printer from linking to your computer network and performing printing operations.
It is best to link your system to the printing machine directly via HP Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi Direct to print. Suppose you have permission to enter the wireless router that’s catering to a guest network. In that case, you can immobilize the security functionality temporarily. It will allow the printing machine to link to the internet.
Resolve the offline issue on Windows 10
Windows 10 users facing the HP Deskjet Plus 4100 offline problem can use the Windows 10 troubleshooting tool to fix it. Follow these steps to use the tool.
- Head over to the ‘Start’ menu. From here, choose ‘Settings.’
- Now, choose the ‘Update and Security’ tab.
- Navigate to the Troubleshooting section in the window that appears.
- After that, choose the printer line. The option of ‘Run Troubleshooter’ will be displayed in front of you.
- Choose the printer. The tool will start analyzing it in detail.
- Tap the ‘Apply this fix’ option to allow the tool to work.
Reset the wireless configuration of Desk jet Plus 4100
Resetting the wireless setting also works well to bring your printer online. Doing so requires you to follow specific simple steps. They consist of the following.
- Before starting to reset the wireless configuration, carry a hard reboot of your HP printer. You must unplug the power cord for it.
- After you reboot the printer, hit the ‘Wi-Fi’ button for around five seconds.
- Your device is now all set for wireless connection.
- Head over to the HP Smart app. once there, tap the ‘Add Printer’ button.
- Now choose ‘HP Deskjet Plus 4100’ there.
- You will see a set of instructions on the HP Smart App. Ensure that you follow every one of them.
Reset your printer
After resetting the wireless settings, proceed to reset your HP Deskjet 4100 printer. The following steps will help you do that.
- Hit the ‘Information’ button. You must press it for five seconds.
- Next, hit the ‘Cancel’ and ‘Power’ buttons simultaneously.
- After doing that, press the ‘Power’ button to turn or switch on your printing device.
- This simple process will reset your printer model and bring it online.
Use the HP Print & Scan Doctor utility.
HP Print & Scan Doctor is a highly efficient tool that fixes the offline printer issue in many models. You can head over to the official HP website to download this tool. Upon the completion of the download, follow the steps below to use this tool.
- Navigate to the download location on your system and run the HPPSdr.exe.
- When the HP Print & Scan Doctor launches, tap ‘Start.’ Follow it by selecting your printer.
- If you find that your printing device isn’t listed, switch it on. Then, tap ‘Retry.’
- If you notice an issue with the connection, go through all the instructions that the tool mentions. On seeing your screen showing a prompt to switch on the updates of the printing device, tap ‘Yes’ followed by ‘Continue.’
- Next, if you see a screen that prompts you to make your HP Deskjet Plus 4100 the default one, tap ‘Yes’ and continue.
- Do you still face the HP Deskjet Plus 4100 offline problem? If so, repeat the steps after downloading and opening the tool.
Remove HP printer drivers.
It’s another effective way to fix the printer offline error. Ensure that you use Windows as an admin to remove HP printer drivers and packages. Now, follow these steps below.
- In the search bar, input ‘CMD.’
- When you see the command prompt, input ‘printui /s /t2.’ It will open the window of ‘Print Server Properties.’
- Now, remove the driver and package for your printer.
- After that, re-add your printer. For it, go to ‘Devices and Printers,’ and choose ‘Add a printer.’
- Now, your printer will show the online status. You can now perform the print job as before.
The HP Deskjet Plus 4100 offline issue bothers most users of this device. But when you understand the different methods to troubleshoot it, you won’t find the problem a challenge anymore. If you cannot resolve the issue, feel free to speak with expert HP printer technical support services.