Expert Fixes for the HP Envy 6055 Offline Error on PC
- Mr. Ryan
- on Aug 05, 2022
HP printers are some of the best quality ones you can find in the market. However, like printers of other brands, these are also not fully immune from encountering various technical glitches. Users of the HP Envy 6055 model often report an offline error message that appears when they attempt to print anything from their Windows 10 device. On finding HP Envy 6055 offline error, many feel clueless.
Some people use a USB cable for printing purposes but still find this error. If you are also dealing with this problem, know that it can arise from various factors that you need to troubleshoot. In this article, you’ll find effective resolutions to tackle those causes and bring your printer online.
Why does HP Envy 6055 Offline Error Occur?
There are multiple causes of this error. Some of the prevalent ones are listed below.
- Loose connection between your router, computer, and printer is the most prominent cause.
- A sudden power outage can also make the printer offline.
- If you have just started using a new internet service provider, you may face this problem.
- Modifications in router settings are another cause.
Measures to Fix HP Envy 6055 Offline Error
You can follow these handy measures to turn your printer online. All of them are explained in a stepwise format to enable you to gain a clear understanding.
Examine faulty cables and connections
An issue with the cables and connections of the HP printer makes the offline error inevitable. You can check the connections as follows.
- Firstly, ensure that the network connection is set up between your printer and PC.
- Next, look at how USB cables are connected. Check both ends of the cables. They must be connected properly.
- You must also see that your internet and router are working optimally.
Utilize the HP Print and Scan Doctor
HP has provided a great tool to troubleshoot different printer issues. The HP Print and Scan Doctor has been designed to help you resolve glitches like printers going offline. It works for many HP printer models, including HP Envy 6055.
- Firstly, download HP Print and Scan Doctor from the official website and install it.
- Now, double-tap the downloaded file and run it.
- Open HP Print and Scan Doctor and hit ‘Start.’
- Choose your Envy 6055 from the list. Now, begin the process of repair by hitting ‘Fix Printing Link.’
Install the latest printer software.
You can download the printer software by going to the official HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads page. After landing there, follow these pointers.
- Input the name of your printer in the Search box. Your printer name is present on your printer’s outer shell.
- Now, hit the Enter key.
- You will get various driver options. Review all of them and only download those that are relevant.
- Generally, the necessary driver options are present at the top of the list.
- After downloading the software, launch the Download file.
- Here you’ll see stepwise instructions for installation.
- Adhere to them to properly install the drivers.
Start the print spooler service again.
Another effective way to fix the HP Envy 6055 offline problem is to restart the spooler service. Here are the points you should follow for doing so.
- Open the Run dialog box.
- Now, in the box, type ‘services.msc.’
- Tap ‘OK’ after that.
- Search for the ‘Print Spooler’ option.
- When you find it, right-tap on it and select ‘Stop.’
- Now, type in the following path in the address bar of Windows File Explorer. ‘C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer.’
- Now, hit ‘OK.’
- Remove your files from the printer folder. It will clear the print queue.
- Launch Print Spooler again.
- Right-tap on it and hit ‘Start.’
- Finally, restart your computer.
Find out if you are using VPN.
A lot of people report finding HP Envy 6055 to be offline when they are using a VPN. A VPN connection does block you from doing many things. So, if you find your printer going offline, you might need to inspect it and change the configuration.
- Head to www.whatismyproxy.com. It will say if you are linked to a proxy or not.
- Now, Windows users can check below their Wi-Fi settings if a VPN/Proxy shows up.
- If you are a Mac user, look at the top status bar. In the case of a VPN or Proxy setup, you will notice a black box with four grey and one white line. To disconnect, click on it.
Add printer via a TCP or an IP connection.
You can also add another printer via a TCP or an IP connection to bring your printer online. Follow these steps carefully.
- Press and hold the ‘Wi-Fi’ on the rear of the HP printer for five seconds. The lights on your printer will begin to flash.
- Press the ‘WPS’ button and hold it for three seconds. The printer will connect to a network.
- Press the‘ (I)’ symbol on your printer so that a configuration page prints. You will notice an IP address of your printer.
- Visit the ‘Control Panel’ to add a printer. Add it through a TCP or an IP connection.
- Your printer will come back online.
Now, whenever you find your HP Envy 6055 Offline error on printing anything, use these fixes. Don’t worry; the issue is common, and it will go away if you correctly implement these measures. If you require further support with fixing this error, it’s best to connect with a professional HP printer support service.