TROUBLESHOOTING EPSON PRINTER OFFLINE ISSUE
Just like other Epson users, do you search ‘Why my Epson printer is offline and won't print?’ or ‘Why is my Epson printer offline?’ in your search engine. If the answer is yes, then you are worrying about something every Epson user complains about. But, consider yourself lucky, because we are going to address all your Epson printer related issues here on this webpage.
CAUSES OF EPSON PRINTER OFFLINE ERROR
Epson is a renowned manufacturer of electronics like printers, and information and imaging related equipment around the globe. Despite their outstanding product quality and services, users get troubled with common issues like Epson printer is offline which are easy to resolve once the problem is understood.
After considering a few most common causes of printer offline error, you can answer your common query ‘Why is my printer offline Epson’, and develop expertise on how you can resolve it like a pro.
WHY IS MY EPSON PRINTER OFFLINE?
Tighten all the connections. When devices are connected with power cables, chords, or USB chords, you must ensure the connections made are not loose. Disconnected/ improper connections break the circuit and the printer shows offline status. Make sure the power chord is properly connected with the printer and the socket and computer are properly connected with the Epson printer.
Proper connectivity with the network is significant for proper communication between the devices. Whether your printer has a wired connection to the network or wireless, you have to make sure that it is getting strong and continuous internet without connection loss or slow speed. If you are using wireless connectivity ensure you are configuring it properly to avoid Epson printer offline error.
Drivers drive the communication between the printer and the computer. If there is improper communication between the devices, your printer will not function properly. For smooth communication, download and install updated printer drivers in your desktop system which is compatible with the device and recommended for the model/ type of printer you use. The thing which requires your maximum attention is you download the software from the official website or some reliable third-party website to avoid downloading a corrupt driver file or malware.
Installing paper into the printing tray is not less than an art; it requires attentiveness as if the paper is placed carelessly, it will get stuck in the printer during printing and jam it or the corners will fold during printing giving you a messy printout. So, it is always better to place the printer sheets according to the scale marked on the loading tray and check the orientation of the paper during printing to avoid jamming.
WAYS TO FIX COMMON EPSON PRINTER OFFLINE ERROR
Solution 1: Check Connection between the Devices
The first thing that comes into mind whenever an Epson printer is offline is whether the printer is not getting power, or its communication with the computer is interrupted. To rule out this possibility, check the connections first.
Types of connections that you need to check:
- USB Connectivity : It is better to see if the USB cable you are using is working properly else wiring issues can cause your Epson printer to go offline. If your USB cable is fine, remove the USB cable and turn off your printer for 5 seconds and then connect the USB cable back and switch the power on. If the error persists, you can try doing the same with a different USB cable.
- Wireless Connectivity: Improper connection with the network is another common reason behind faulty printers. Make proper connections on the printer with the wifi router and run your printer on good internet speed for its proper functionality. If the issue persists, move on to the next possible solution.
Solution 2: Epson Printer Driver Update
The printer driver acts as a bridge between the printer and the computer. It converts the printing commands we send from the computer into a printer understandable format. On using an outdated printer, the printer causes an error. Therefore, it is advised that users always keep their drivers updated by configuring their windows for automatic updates. To set your Windows 10 computer for automatic updates, follow the instruction given below-
- Open Settings in your desktop
- Click on Update & Security
- Click on Windows Update
- Click the Check for updates button
Once these settings are configured, the system will upgrade outdated drivers as soon as the latest version is available or remove the previous driver and download and install the latest driver automatically.
If Epson printer offline error persists, the last option you have is to restart the system.
Solution 3: Restart the Printer
It is said that most of the technical problems can be resolved by simply restarting the device and it is fascinatingly true. Turn off your printer and connect it again with the power source. Hopefully, it will start working properly.
If none of these solutions worked for you and you haven’t received the answer to your question, “Why is my Epson printer offline and won't print?”, you might want to look further for the solution depending on the type of desktop (Windows or MAC) you have.
HOW TO FIX WHY IS MY EPSON PRINTERS OFFLINE ERROR ON WINDOWS?
Solution 1: Uncheck ‘Use Printer Offline’ Option
Windows devices have an option to keep the printer in offline mode. It is possible that this option is selected on your computer. To bring your Epson printer back in the online mode, uncheck this option. Follow the steps given below to change the settings in your system.
- Press the ‘ ’ key and ‘R’ key simultaneously to open the Run box
- Enter ‘Control’ in the search box and click on ‘OK’ button
- Click on the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option followed by clicking ‘Devices and Printer’ in the next screen
- Select your printer from the list shown and right-click on it to select the ‘Properties’ option
- On the next screen, you have to carefully see if ‘use printer offline’ checkbox is checked. Uncheck the box to use your printer online
- To save the settings, click on the ‘OK’ button
Solution 2: Reinstallation of Epson Printer
Another useful and simple method that comes into mind is the re-installation of your printer. This process will hardly take a minute but rule out the chances of improper installation. For resolving Epson printer offline error, you must not neglect this step.
Follow the underlying steps to resolve the error.
- Click on Start button ‘ ’ given on your screen and go to ‘Control Panel’
- Next, click on ‘Hardware and Sound’ option
- Now, click on ‘Devices and Printers’ option
- Select ‘Epson Printer’ from the list of printer shown and right-click the icon
- Select ‘Remove the device’ and wait until the process completes and the printer is successfully removed
- Reboot your system for a fresh start
- Go through the same process again, and go to the ‘Printers and Device’ section in the control panel
- On the next screen, you will get an option to ‘Add a device’ on the top left corner
- On the next screen, a window will pop up, where you have to select on ‘Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer’
- It will immediately start searching for all the devices nearby. Select your model of Epson printer and click on ‘Next’ to proceed.
Now that you have re-added your Epson printer, it might not show the Epson printer offline message again on the screen. If it does, Check the SNMP protocol as given below.
Solution 3: Check Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is an Internet Standard protocol that collects and organizes the information of devices connected to the network and modifies that information to change the device behavior. When it receives a disturbing response from any device, it marks it as offline and the communication will break. To resolve the Epson printer offline issue, you can try disabling SNMP.
To disable SNMP, go to the port section of printer properties and uncheck SNMP to resolve the issue.
Solution 4: Restart Print Spooler Service
Now that you have tried all the possible solutions given above, the last arrow in the quiver is to restart the print spooler service. This service is used to manage print. However, if this resolves your Epson printer offline error then you are likely to follow this particular solution every time your question is “Why is my printer offline- Epson printer”, we must add.
Follow the steps given below to restart the service.
- Click on ‘ ’ and ‘R’ keys simultaneously
- Type ‘services.msc’ in the Run bar and press on ‘OK’ to open the service window
- Search for the exact word ‘Print Spooler’ service from the list shown below
- Right-click on the service and Restart.
If all the steps given above are followed right, you will troubleshoot the Epson printer offline issue on your own.
HOW TO FIX WHY IS MY EPSON PRINTERS OFFLINE ERROR ON MAC?
Solution 1: Remove Extra Entries for Same Printers
Multiple entries of the printer can confuse the printer while receiving a command. Remove all the other printer entries which are not in use and keep the one printer in use. Check the status of the printer. It should be marked in ‘Green’ color. Follow the underlying steps to initiate.
- Open the control panel of your MAC system and click on ‘Printers and Scanners’
- Select all the repeated entries one by one and click on the minus (-) button present at the bottom left to remove all of them at once
- Set the printer left as you ‘Default printer’ and close the settings
Check the status of your Epson printer and try printing again. If the Epson printer offline issue persists, move on to the next step to troubleshoot the issue.
Solution 2: Re-configure Printer Settings
There is a possibility that your printer is not properly configured. Try changing the settings of your Epson printer again by following the steps mention below to resolve the Epson printer offline issue.
- Select ‘Apple Menu’ from the icons in the top menu
- Next, click on ‘System Preferences’ followed by clicking on ‘Printers & Scanners’
- Once you see the list of devices connected. Right-click and select the ‘Reset printing system’
- Click on the ‘Reset’ button
*If asked, enter the administrator password and click on the ‘OK’ button to continue. You have to wait until the process of restarting the printer completes.
- Now, you have to add your printer again by clicking on the add (+) button.
- To add your printer successfully, select your printer name from the list of available devices.
Once your printer is successfully added check if the Epson printer offline error is resolved and enjoy printing.