Why Is My HP Printer Offline?
If your HP printer is showing the printer is offline status than it means there is some problem, it might be because your printer and computer are not connected well. This also may occur because of the poor network.
If your printer again and again is showing printer is offline status, you can ask for help to HP printer tech support by calling 1 (650) 857-1501. Or you can look for the cause and fix it. Here you will find all the details about why HP printer is offline, how to fix my offline HP printer, how to turn the printer’s status from offline to online and more.
Below can be the cause because of which your printer is showing offline status:
- Printer and computer are not connected properly.
- Printer and computer are not connected well with the same network.
- Slow network problem.
- Paper Jam
- Printer Drivers are not updated
- Or because of some technical issue.
How to Fix HP Printer Offline Issues?
When your HP printer shows- Printer is offline issue, and you are in the dilemma of how to fix HP printer offline status, don’t worry, you will get the solution here. But before you start processing make sure that your printer’s USB cables are connected well.
- If have wireless printer look if it is connected with the same wifi network with which your computer is connected.
- Now go to Settings in your computer and then Printers, Right-click your printer and selece “Use Printer Online”.
- Now double click on your printer icon and go to the Printer menu and Cancel All Documents.
- There is possibility that might be your print job has stopped due to multiple commands and now your printer is showing Offline.
- You can choose to reboot your Computer and Printer and if this also doesn’t work then reinstall the driver.
- Now go to Settings > Printers and select printer, right-click on it and choose Properties in the drop down menu.
- Search for the driver button from General or Details tab and select it.
- Now tap to reinstall the printer. Under Printers in the Settings option, choose the printer then remove the printer. After removing reinstall it using the Add printer wizard.
- Check the printer tray to ensure that paper jam is not the issue that causing your printer’s offline status. Make sure that printer has enough paper and they are aligned properly. Check for the low ink status message on your printer.
- Click Apple menu and go to Software Update. See if there is any software update is available or not.
- Now click Apple menu and select “Restart” option from drop down menu.
- Click on System Preferences in the Dock, now click on Print & Scan. Double click your printer from the shown Printers’ list. If you see a yellow light next to the printer’s name, then select Resume.
- Now Open the document that you need to print and see if the solution is sorted or not.
How Do I Switch My HP Printer Offline to Online?
HP offer high-end printers loaded with distinct qualities, but just like other printers HP printers also sometimes have to face some common issues. And HP printer offline is the mostly occurred problem. If you want to solve your- ‘how do, I get my HP printer online’ problem then keep in reading. Here you will find the solution to switch your HP printer from offline to online.
- You need to turn on your computer to follow these steps. But don’t switch on your HP printer right now.
- Go to start menu and type Drivers and Printers. Now open the folder and right click on your printer.
- No select, “See what’s printing”.
- Select “Printer” from the menu given at the top.
- Select “Use Printer Online” when drop down menu will open.
By this setting you can bring your HP printer online back.
Why Does HP Printer Say Offline?
There can be many reasons because of which “HP printer offline for windows 10” showing.
Check the Printers Cable:
- Make sure that both the ends of the cables have been inserted properly. If the printer is connected well to a network then check whether the LAN cable is properly connected.
- If you have wireless printer then make sure that the internet connection is stable and printer must be connected to it.
Clear all pending printing jobs:
- Sometimes when your printer got so many printing instructions at a time it stops working. So clear those pending commands.
- Click on the Start menu, go to Drivers and Printers and open Control Panel.
- Now select your printer and right-click on it. Check what is printing.
- Now you need to click on “See what’s printing” option to cancel all the operations.
- Then change your printer’s status from HP printer offline to online.
Remove & Reinstall your Printer
- Open “Devices and Printers” section, right-click on your printer and select “Remove Device”.
- Now you can again add the printer by clicking Add a printer option.