Why My Brother Printer Is Offline?
Is your brother printer offline? Do you want to know the solution to fix it? But before the solution, it is important that you should know about the cause. If you are thinking- why is my brother printer offline, find the root because of it and then try to fix it.
Let us see the reasons for brother printer offline issue:
- Your brother printer should be in power on mode.
- Check if your brother printer wakes from the sleep mode.
- See the paper tray. It should be empty while giving printing commands.
- Check for paper-jam.
- The low ink cartridge can also make your brother printer offline.
- Fault in Drivers and Software
- Maybe your brother printer is not connected with the network.
- Maybe your brother printer is not connected to your computer.
- Or if there is any hardware problem.
How Do I Get My Brother Printer Online?
To turn your brother printer from offline to online, you need to take the help professional if you are unable to detect the cause of the problem. How will you detect that your brother printer is offline? If your printing command doesn’t work or pause in mid or if your brother printer is showing offline notification, it means that your printer is offline. To get your brother printer offline fix solution, you need to check everything from inside to outside.
We have mentioned the step-by-step guide to change the status of your brother printer from offline to online -
- Turn off your printer, and plug it out from the power supply.
- Turn on your computer and after waiting for a few minutes, connect all the wires of your printer and switch it on from the power supply as well.
- Check if your printer and computer are connected with the same network.
- Check if your Brother printer is connected with the high-speed Wi-Fi.
- After checking all of this, now go to your computer and in the Start menu enter, Devices & Printers.
- Click on the folder to open it and search for your brother printer.
- Now select your printer and right-click on it.
- Click on See What’s Printing option on the screen. Now click on the Printer option at the top.
- Look for the checkmark in front of the Use Printer Offline, remove it and your papers will start printing again.
- If still, your printer doesn’t work, then you need to perform more steps.
- Open Printers & Scanners, run troubleshoot. If this also doesn’t work then uninstall your printer.
- Uninstall if your brother printer keeps going offline again and again. You can Add printer and re-install printer drivers and software.
How Do I Get My Brother Printer Back Online Windows 10?
After the update in Windows 10, the brother printer offline is a very common problem that you may have experienced. There are many reasons because of which your brother printer keeps going offline. But below we have mentioned the easiest way by which you can bring your Brother printer back to online mode for your Windows 10.
- See the connectivity of your computer with the computer and with your Wi-Fi.
- Make sure you are connected to the right network internet access and IP address.
- Restart the printer and wait until it is completely ready.
- If you are using a printer connected via USB cable, check whether it is connected well or not.
- Now check the printer by running a print test. If the still problem continues, then follow the next steps.
- Go to the Printers and Devices folder from Control Panel.
- Select your printer, right-click on it and select “See what’s printing” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Set as default printer”.
- There you can see the status of your printer – Offline or Paused. If the status is paused or offline change it to “Resume Printing”.
- Now check by running a test paper. If still issue of your brother printer offline windows 10 continues to show, then you can try troubleshooting by uninstalling and re-installing the printer drivers and software.
- Other than you have another option to call Brother Printer technician.
How Do I Get My Brother Printer Back Online Mac?
Your brother printer offline issues can occur when connected to Mac as well. So to troubleshoot the problem in your Mac computer we have listed a step-by-step guide so that you can do the job easily.
Before you start the troubleshooting process for this you need to check a few things.
- Check whether your brother printer is powered on and it is connected with your Mac computer and high-speed internet.
- Ensure that there is no hardware problems are present.
- Verify that the printer tray and look if there is any paper jam.
- Low ink also sometimes causes the issue of brother printer offline.
- Check whether your Brother printer is set as the Default Printer.
- If still nothing happens and your brother printer keeps going offline, then follow further steps.
- Open Printers and Scanners, select your Brother printer from the list and open “Open Print Queue”.
- Delete all the print commands by clicking on x sign.
- If your printer paused, then click on Resume Printer.
- Now test whether your brother printer is offline or not by running a print test.
- If still your printer doesn’t move online then follow the last step.
- You can turn your brother printer offline to online by re-installing the desired printer Drivers and Software.
If nothing is working for you, then we advise you to take the help of a professional. Call brother printer support number- 1 (877) 276-8437.