Xerox Printers have always been a benchmark in the photo and printing equipment manufacturing. Whether it’s printing an office document or a giant beautiful poster, the Xerox printers do it all. However, the Xerox printer offline problem can ruin the experience while using these printers and frustrating the users.
Why my Xerox Printer is Offline?
Is your Xerox printer also encountered the offline error? Do not worry.
We have an effective fix for this problem. But do you know why your Xerox printer went offline? Well, the problem occurs due to multiple reasons, such as:
- Loose wires and USB cables break the communication between printer, computer, and router.
- The print jobs in the queues are creating trouble and jamming the system.
- An outdated printer driver and an incompatible Windows OS print driver creates issue while printing.
- Your Xerox printer showing offline message: That’s because you have manually set it in an offline mode.
- Minor technical issues in the printer requiring you to reset or restart your Xerox printer.
- The activated SNMP status (Simple Network Management Protocol) is making your printer offline.
How Do I Get my “Offline” Xerox Printer Back “Online”?
This section covers the best possible fixes for the offline error. You need to follow all these steps in the same way as mentioned here. Once the problem is solved, then you can abort the troubleshooting. Not let’s do it.
Method 1: Examine the Network Wires and USB Cables
Depending upon the wireless or Ethernet-connected Xerox printers, you need to follow these steps.
- Examine the Ethernet wires and verify that it’s not frayed and worn out.
- Disconnect the Ethernet wire from the router & your printer and check the connector is not damaged.
- Now reconnect it to the printer and router (Make sure to hear the click sound).
- Ensure the internet lights are flashing correctly on the router.
- If you are using a wireless router, then click the WiFi icon in the System Tray on your PC and check it connects with your local router.
- Connect your Xerox and computer to the same network connection.
- One last resort is to change the Ethernet cable and USB cable to the new wire to ensure no fault in this segment.
Method 2: Software Reset of your Xerox Printer
Use your printer’s Control Panel to reset the software. This process will remove the temp files from the network controller and system.
- Make sure your printer is on.
- Let the Control Panel be illuminated and ready for display.
- Now press the Log In /Out button on the side panel.
- If it asks for the System Administrator, then enter the credentials.
- Press the Machine Status button at the bottom of the panel.
- Touch the Tools tab on the screen and click Troubleshooting.
- Click Resets under the Features section.
- Now choose Software Reset.
- Under Reset Options, select All Software > Reset.
- Now your Xerox will begin to reboot, and it won’t be available to print until the process completes.
If the software reset didn’t bring the printer back online, then power off/on the Xerox using the next step.
Method 3: Power Off and On the Xerox
This step will help you clear the volatile memory of the printer. Use the following steps in their correct order because an incorrect shut down may damage the internal hard drive or result in printer malfunction.
Turn off the Xerox
- Firstly, save all documents and make sure nothing is pending for print.
- Now, find the secondary power button inside the small slot below the Control Panel. Check the printer manual for the exact location.
- Turn it off, once you find it.
- Wait for ten seconds and let the touch panel be entirely off.
- Now you need to open the side panel of your printer and turn off the main switch.
- Close the panel.
Now you will have to wait for a minimum of 2 minutes before powering on the Xerox printer.
Turn on the Xerox
- Turn on the main switch under the side panel and close the cover.
- Now turn on the secondary power button and check if the Xerox printer offline resolves or not.
Method 4: Clear the Print Queues
For Windows 10
- Click the Search bar on your PC and type Devices and Printers, hit Enter.
- Under the list of printers, choose your Xerox printer.
- Click Open Print Queues.
- Click the Printer tab and select Remove all Documents.
- The Xerox printer offline windows 10 problem will be fixed once you manually deselect the Use Printer Offline option.
For Windows 7
- Search for the Printers and Scanners.
- Now open the Printer menu.
- Locate your Xerox printer, right-click over it.
- Select Open Print Queues.
- Now select all the documents in the queues and click Remove.
- Again right-click on the Xerox icon and uncheck Use Printer Offline.
Method 5: Manually set your Xerox printer to Online
- You will need to press the Log In / Out button on the sides panel adjacent to the touch screen.
- In the login window, enter the credentials. If you are entering these details for the first time, then type “admin” for Username and “1111” for Password (do not use “” marks).
- Click Done.
- Now you need to press the Machine Status button.
- Under the Machine Status screen, click the Tools tab.
- Now choose Network Settings.
- Of the two options, Online or Offline, you need to choose Online.
- Click Close.
- Again press the Log In / Out and select Log Out.
Method 6: Deactivate the SNMP Status in the printer port
For Windows 7
- Click on the Start menu on your PC.
- Select the Control Panel option in the list.
- In the Control Panel menu, choose Devices and Printers.
- Look out for your Xerox printer.
- Right-device over the Xerox icon.
- Choose the option Printer Properties.
- Now click Ports tab > Configure Port.
- Next, you need to uncheck the SNMP Status Enabled option, click Ok to confirm the settings.
- The Windows 7 Xerox printer offline problem fixes after following these steps.
For Windows 10
- Type Devices and Printers on the Search box and hit Enter.
- Now click over your Xerox printer.
- Click Manage.
- Now choose the Printer Properties option.
- The Properties window opens, here click the Ports tab.
- Choose the option Configure Port and then uncheck the SNMP Enabled.
- Click Ok to confirm the setting.
Method 7: Reinstall the Xerox printer
If the above steps do not work, then you will have to uninstall and reinstall the printer using the below steps.
- Firstly, you need to type the CMD and hit Enter.
- The black screen opens (Command Prompt), here type printui /s /t2.
- Now the Print Server Properties window will open.
- Here right-click on the Xerox printer, select Remove the Driver.
- Close all the windows.
- Now go to the Devices and Printers section.
- Click Add a Printer.
- The screen will display the list of printers, select your Xerox printer.
- Now keep following the on-screen instructions to reinstall the printer and drivers.
Need an instant solution? Printer support at your service
These are the seven steps that will help you resolve the Xerox printer offline error. Most probably, the issue occurs due to network connection error and frayed cables or wires. In other cases, the port settings and SNMP status activation also become the culprit. If the initial step does not achieve the expected results, then as a last resort, you will have to reinstall the printer. You can also contact our printer support team to let them fix the offline problem and saving your time.