You might have a lot of tasks lined up and before you could even start, your dell printer says offline. This could get really take a lot of your time if you don’t know how to fix it but don’t worry as we have got your back. If your Dell printer keeps on going offline then chances are that you get stuck in the middle of the printing job or you are unable to initiate it.
No matter what the reason is, there is no situation that you can't fix with a little help and expertise. You have nothing to worry about as you don't need a degree to get rid of the Dell printer offline problem. It could be easily fixed by changing some settings or the IP address of your system. We have explained the steps which would get your dell printer's status back online and you will be able to print without facing any trouble. Keep reading to get the solution in the easiest way possible.
Causes behind Dell printer offline status
You might end up in the printer offline Dell situation due to the following reasons:
- The IP address is incorrect of the network info is not there in the settings of the printer
- There might be a communication error due to Antivirus software
- Your laptop/ desktop might be on a power saving mode which would make it turn off the wireless adapter
Top 3 ways to change Dell printer offline status to online
You can use the following ways to fix Dell printer offline windows 10 or any other device’s issue easily.
1. Change the Power Management settings
- Open Control Panel
- Click on ‘Hardware and Sound’ and then select ‘Device Manager’
- Click on the plus sign to see the list
- You will see the USB root hub. Right click on it and open ‘Properties’
- Navigate to power management and you will see an option that says ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’. Make sure you uncheck it
- Restart your laptop/desktop
- Once your system has turned back on, open ‘Network Adapters’
- Click on ‘Wireless adapter’ to open the properties
- Lastly, click on power management and uncheck the box next to ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’
2. Change dell printer offline status via setting a static address
- Select Control panel and open ‘Printers and Devices’
- Click on ‘Manage’ after selecting the printer with offline problem
- Open Properties and click on ‘Ports’ which will display the IP address of the respective printer
- Ensure that the printer and the laptop/desktop are using the same internet connection then in the URL bar of your browser, type the number value
- It will take you to the printer settings. You will be prompted to enter username and password
- Once the page has loaded completely, navigate to network or connectivity options. If it is automatic then change it to static or manual
- If it doesn’t suggest a manual IP address then you can type in your own but use something similar to the original one. Make sure the final number is raised by either 5 or 6. Click to save the changes
- Enter the router’s IP address and then click on ‘Enter’
- You might come across an option with an empty field for MAC address. Fill it before proceeding
- You will also be asked to enter a new IP address for the printer so that there won’t be any communication problems between the router and the printer. Refer to the manual that you received along with the router
- Navigate to ‘Device Manager’ and check if the changed printer’s IP address comes up or not. If not then set it.
3. Use settings to change the status
- Open your system’s settings and then click on ‘Devices’ then select ‘Printers and Scanners’.
- Select the printer with which you are facing the issue and click on ‘Open Queue’
- You will see an option ‘Use Printer Offline’ under ‘Printers’. Uncheck it if it is checked by any chance and print a test page
We hope that we were able to help you change your Dell printer offline status to online. If you still require assistance then feel free to get in touch with us.