Why Is My Canon Printer Offline?
Canon printers are well-known all over the world. With the increase in technology and people’s demands printers are coming in the IT marketing with advance features. But in all the printers there is a common problem and this happens with canon printers as well and it is- Canon printer offline issue.
After an update because of many other things Canon printer offline issue occurs. So, before fixing the issue, you should know what the problem is. In between so many causes, there can any issue because of which your canon printer is offline. Below we have listed some issues that are most common for canon printer offline issue.
- Your printer should be connected to a high-speed internet connection.
- Ensure that your printer and computer are connected.
- If you use a USB cable printer, then make sure that it is plugged in well.
- Turn on your printer or wake it up from sleep- mode.
- Now check whether in the new update you haven’t deleted drivers of your printer.
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sounds > Derivers and Printer. Open your printer and see you have desired drivers and software.
- Now again come to your printer and check for low ink and paper-jam. These issues can also cause canon printer offline problems.
- Maybe your printing job has been paused, because of which your canon printer says offline.
There are so many issues that can cause canon printer offline issue if you are unable to understand and detect the problem you can take the help of canon printer tech support help by 1 (800) 652-2666.
How Do I Get My Canon Printer Online Back?
Why is my canon printer offline? How can I fix it? What are the steps for canon printer offline fix? And some related questions to these must be running in your mind. We are so much aware of this because after an update in your computer system the issue is likely to occur or sometimes it happens because of some different things. When Canon printer says offline, users’ printing work stops immediately this can hamper your work we understand which instantly gives rise to frustration.
So to solve your issues we have listed step-by-step guidance:
- Go to Settings and then Printers. Then see if your printer is offline or online.
- If your printer is offline then right-click on the printer and select “Use Printer Online”.
- Clear all printing job. Go to Printer Menu, and select Cancel All Documents. Maybe because of so many printing commands your canon printer is offline.
- Turn off the printer and then come back a few minutes later then check your printer by running a print test.
- On the Start menu enter Spooler service, and open the folder. Then go to Print Spooler and click Restart.
- Now click Printer Spooler again and this time select Properties. In the Startup Type bar set Automatic. Click OK and save the changes.
- If the canon printer offline issues still continue to occur, then proceed further.
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sounds> Devices and Printers, open the folder and see for your printer.
- Now select your printer and right-click on it, in the drop-down menu select “See what’s printing”. From there delete all the printing jobs.
- Run a print test to see if still, your canon printer is offline. If yes, then re-install the printer drivers and software.
There are chances that you may not get a way to solve the issue, so for this, you can call canon printer support number- 1 (800) 652-2666.
How Do I Fix My Canon Printer Offline Windows 10?
In Windows 10 then an update comes sometimes it causes your printer to stop/pause or maybe canon printer offline. It is the most common problem that happens, but you don’t need to worry because we have the solution for this. We have mentioned the steps taken by experts to solve the canon printer offline issue in Windows 10.
Before starting to fix canon printer offline issue you need to make sure that you have checked below mentioned things:
- The printer is connected well with your computer and with the same wifi that is connected to your computer.
- The printer should be on or ensure to wake it up from sleep mode.
- Check paper tray and make sure that paper is not jammed and (or) ink cartridge is not empty or low.
- Now Go to Setting and then open Printers. Right-click on the printer and select “Use Printer Online” option. If you notice that your canon printer says offline or paused.
- Open the Printer menu and select “See what’s printing” and delete all the documents. This could have been stopping your printing work.
- Restart your printer and run a print test. If everything goes well, then your canon printer is online but if not then follow the next step.
- Now see for the Drivers and Software of your printer.
- Download and install the drivers and software of your printer.
How Do I Get My Canon Printer Online Back Mac?
When purchasing a canon printer for your Mac, you need to analyze this first that the printer you are choosing is able to connect with MacBook. For this, you can ask the manufacturer or research online. Sometimes canon printer offline issue also occurs when a canon printer is connected to MacBook. If you are facing the issue of canon printer offline, then read further to solve turn your printer back online for Mac, below.
- In order to turn your canon offline printer back online, click on the Apple menu and then choose System Preferences. Then open the Hardware section and select Print & Scan.
- In the printer list on left, select the printer. A drop-down menu will get open and from there you have to select the Reset Printing System.
- Confirm that your printer is on and connected to your Mac either with a wireless network or by USB cable.
- Now click Apple Menu> System Preference> Print & Scan.
- Now you have to select the + add button to add your canon printer to Mac.
- After clicking a drop-down menu will get opened, you need to choose your printer from the list and click to add. Your MacBook will automatically download the latest version of your canon printer.
If these steps don’t work properly then you need a professional’s help. You can contact canon printer support by dialing their toll-free number 1 (800) 652-2666.