Expert Fixes for the HP Envy 4520 Offline Problem
- Mr. Ryan
- on Sep 02, 2022
There’s hardly anyone who isn’t aware of the Hewlett-Packard or HP printer models. HP Envy 4520 is one of its popular models. Although it’s extensively used, it doesn’t mean that it always gives a flawless performance. HP Envy 4520 offline is a common problem among users of this printer model. It essentially means that there are issues with the wireless connection or the HP printer driver. However, it leaves average users clueless about what went wrong with their printing devices.
This error halts the printing process as the printer refuses to accept any of your printing commands. If lately you’ve been facing this issue and want to know how to prevent it from occurring again, keep reading this article. Here you’ll understand the different causes of the error and ways to fix it.
Why Is Your HP Envy 4520 Offline
There are a couple of reasons for your printer to show an offline status. Here is a list of them.
- Your HP printer drivers are obsolete.
- You have not set your HP Envy 4520 printer as default.
- A faulty printer setup.
- You have not updated the firmware.
- There is a poor connection between the different devices.
Troubleshooting HP Envy 4520 Offline Problem
There are various ways to make your HP Envy 4520 printer model online again. It’s better to start with some basic troubleshooting and progress to slightly more advanced fixes.
Carry out preliminary troubleshooting
Use this basic troubleshooting when you find your HP Envy 4520 offline Windows 10. It’s essential to follow the exact sequence described below.
- Turn on your printer and let it start.
- Now, take away the power cord from the rear part of your printer.
- Disconnect the cord.
- Wait for one minute and attach the cord to the main electricity supply.
- Now, join the cable to the hind part of your printing device.
- Turn on the printing device and let it complete a warmup phase.
- You may find the printer lights flickering and the carriage moving.
- When the warmup period finishes, see whether your printer has come online.
Assign a manual IP address
If the above method didn’t work for you, try assigning a manual IP address. Follow these pointers to assign it.
- Firstly, take a print of the network configuration page. You do it by heading to the ‘Control Panel’ area.
- Now, locate the IP address from this page.
- Open a web browser and jot down the IP address in the address bar of your browser.
- Hit the Enter button.
- Head to the ‘Network‘ tab.
- Now, tap ‘Networking.’
- Click ‘Network address‘ followed by ‘Manual IP address.’
- Now, go to ‘Suggest a manual IP.’
- Scroll down and choose the ‘Manual DNS Server’ option.
- Input the primary and secondary DNS server by referring to the network configuration page.
- Tap ‘Apply‘ and see if your problem has been resolved.
Employ the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
The offline printer problem in this HP printer model can also be fixed by using the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Using it is simple. All you need is to download this tool from HP’s official website. After the .exe file of the tool gets downloaded, run this file.
After that, open the utility and choose your printer. In case you find your printer not on the list, switch it off and then switch on your printer again. Once it turns on, select ‘Retry.’ Now choose the option of ‘Fix Printing.’ Hopefully, you’ll not find the offline problem bothering you.
Reinstall HP Envy 4520 software.
If your HP driver installation process is faulty, you’ll face the HP Envy 4520 offline error. Here are some points you can stick to for uninstalling the HP driver and software.
- In case of a USB connection between your system and the printer, disconnect the USB cable from the printing device.
- Go to Windows Start and look for ‘Programs and Features.’
- Then choose its results.
- From the list of installed apps, choose your HP printer.
- Now choose ‘Uninstall.’
- After that, adhere to the instructions on your screen to uninstall the software.
- After the uninstallation is complete, start your computer again.
Run the troubleshooter in your Windows operating system
A simple fix for when this HP printer model is offline is to use the in-built Windows troubleshooter. Follow these simple steps to use it.
- Firstly, link your printer to your system.
- Now turn it on.
- If you have a wireless printer, turn it on and link it to the wireless network.
- Now, input ‘troubleshoot’ in the Windows start search box.
- Tap its result.
- Tap ‘Printer‘ on your right part.
- Afterward, tap ‘Run the troubleshooter.’
- The utility will run and detect the issues that are making your HP printer go offline.
- The resolution will certainly yield you the result you are looking for.
Turn off the firewall software.
Firewall or security software typically obstructs what it considers a threat from the outside. However, it also blocks proper communication between your printer and the system. If you don’t find any improvement in the situation after implementing the steps given above, try to disable your firewall software.
You can do it by using the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Just select ‘Network‘ from the window of Print and Scan Doctor utility. After that, choose ‘Troubleshooting Firewalls’ and deactivate the status. It will undoubtedly bring back the lost communication.
Update your printer firmware
HP launches printer updates periodically. So, if you haven’t updated your printer firmware, it can be why your printing model is showing an offline status.
- If your printer has an ePrint icon, touch it and select ‘Settings.’
- Then, choose ‘Product Update.’
- If you have a text-based printer, choose ‘Setup‘ followed by ‘Preferences.’
- Now select ‘Printer Maintenance‘ followed by ‘Web Services‘ and then ‘Printer Update.’
- While signing up, accept the terms and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Turn on ‘Web Services‘ and configure it for automatic updates.
These measures will resolve the HP Envy 4520 offline issue and restore the printer connection. Keep your drivers and firmware updated, and use tools such as the Windows Troubleshooter and the HP Print and Scan Doctor to tackle the problem. If you have more queries about it, consult a printer technical support service.