HP Officejet Pro 8710 is an all-in-one affordable printer utilized worldwide for easy and smooth print. Users are more likely to have such a model of the HP Printer as it fulfills their printer-related requirements. It is easily available in the market also in your budget. However, apart from its fruitful features and great printing solutions, many times the print-job gets stuck. The printer won’t let you print all of a sudden if your printer goes offline. You can even fix the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Offline issue with simple and ultimate solving tricks. The comprehensive guidelines are mentioned in this post. So, just read it out top-to-toe and get the printer online in a very short span.
What Actually Causes HP Officejet Pro 8710 Offline?
Well, getting the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Offline is quite annoying as it prevents users from printing anything. For non-tech, it would be a tedious job to convert the offline printer into online one. But before finding its solution, it is necessary to identify the actual reason behind the printer offline problem. Check out the several factors listed below that could be responsible for your HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer offline:
- Loose USB connection.
- Network connectivity issue.
- Print job stuck in the print queue.
- Misconfigured printer driver or the driver is out-of-date.
- Wireless connection problem.
- HP Printer probably sets to Offline.
Troubleshooting Techniques for HP Officejet Pro 8710 Offline
Bringing back your HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer from offline to online is relatively simple and uncomplicated. A little bit of technical knowledge can let you get your printer online in a pinch. We have compiled different fixing guidelines in the below section. So, if you are a novice, you can implement any of these basic fixes to fix the offline printer issue. Let’s try it out one after another till your printer gets back online from its offline state:
Techniques 1: Reset The HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer
Resetting the printer may be helpful in restoring the connection that has been lost between the computer and the printer. Here’s what to perform for the same:
- First and forecast, you have to turn off the HP Officejet 8710 printer.
- Thereafter, need to wait for around 10 – 15 seconds.
- And then disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Shut down your computer system as well.
- Now, after a while, reconnect the power cord to the printer, and then turn the printer ON.
- If your printer is already connected to a wireless connection, restart the router.
- Afterward, turn on the computer.
- Now, try to print any document from the printer just to check:
- If the printer prints properly, great! The HP Officejet Pro 8710 Offline has been turned back to Online.
- If the HP Officejet 8710 printer cannot print yet and remains offline, continue using the next method.
Techniques 2: Update The Printer Driver
It is very clear that if the driver installed against your printer is outdated or corrupt, the printer will be offline. That’s why; we always suggest users to before start printing, confirm that the current release printer driver is installed. If not, follow the below points to install the latest driver:
- In the very first step, you should delete/uninstall the old version of printer drivers from your PC.
- Once the driver gets uninstalled finally, shut down your PC.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and then turn your computer on again.
- Afterward, browse the HP official website.
- Now, type your specific printer model, i.e., HP Officejet Pro 8710. Download the file by giving a single tap on the “Download” link.
- Once you download the latest drivers for your printer, select USB or Wireless Connection to complete setup.
- To check if your HP Officejet Pro 8710 Offline error gets resolved, print any document from the printer. If your printer starts taking the Print command without any hassle, it means the printer has become online. However, in some cases, the issue probably remains there. In that situation, we suggest you check out the next solving guide.
Techniques 3: Set HP Officejet Pro 8710 As Default Printer
Yes, when your HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer is not set as the default printer, the printer may show an offline error. Therefore, give an instant check to your printer’s settings and if the printer is not selected as the default one, do it right now. Here’s how:
- Firstly, open the Control Panel window on your Desktop.
- Now, go to the “Settings” section.
- Thereafter, select the “Devices and Printers” tab.
- Now, search your specific printer model.
- Once you find it, put a right-click on its icon and then select “Set as a Default Printer.”
- Now, print a test page to check if the printer gets online from HP Officejet Pro 8710 Offline.
- If the same problem still exists, continue to the next method.
Alternative Techniques To Solve HP Officejet Pro 8710 Offline
If none of the above fixing methods have worked out, don’t worry! There is another way too to bring the printer online back. Let’s follow the given instructions only:
- First of all, you will have to open the Control Panel on your PC.
- Now, select the “Devices and Printers” tab.
- If the printer model is already been set as a default printer, click ‘see what’s printing.’
- You can see another window appearing on your screen.
- Just ensure that the ‘pause printing’ and ‘use printer offline’ boxes are unchecked.
- Now, you can see your printer is online automatically after a couple of seconds.
- Printer a test to check the printer offline error.
Contact Our Dedicated Tech-Geeks For One-Stop Support
Hopefully, you are now able to get rid of the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Offline error. If you still fail to make the HP printer online, chill! We are talented and experienced tech specialists who will assist you. You simply have to do is to place a single call at the toll-free helpline number. One of our professional techies will immediately connect with you and provide you effective solution at your doorstep.