How to Fix Brother Dcp-L2540dw Printer Offline Problem?
- Mr. Ryan
- on Aug 10, 2021
Brother corporation is one of the leading and well-renowned electronics companies from Japan and is especially popular for fabrication finest quality printers. Though, Brother dcp-l2540dw offline printers are infamous for their printer offline trouble. The printer unexpectedly ends working, seems to be offline, or ends responding to your computer. This dilemma is also experienced when the printer is linked to the wireless network. In this ultimate guide, we will tackle the problem and you will get some simple steps of fixing the Brother wireless printer offline issue.
Causes Leading to Brother Printer Goes Offline Issue
The Brother printer remains going offline because of so many reasons which consist of-
- Paper jam fault.
- Incorrect printer settings.
- The printer is not put as default.
- Corrupted or outmoded printer drivers.
- Ink toner obstacle.
- If the brother printers ‘use offline mode’ is chosen, it may possibly also show the offline error.
- Fault in the network connection between your computer system as well as printer.
- Due to the print job jammed in the queue.
Follow The Below Mentioned Steps To Resolve Offline Error –
How To Resolve Brother Printer Offline Problems In Windows 10
- First, you need to click on the Start button on your laptop or computer system, and then click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Next, right-click your brother printer symbol and after that click on the See What’s Printing option, which will appear on your screen.
- Click on the Printer option that appears at the extreme top of the window, see the checkmark in front of the Use Offline option. Delete the checkmark immediately, now your documents will head start printing again. And if it still not starts working then go on to the following step.
- Completely turn off your printer and eliminate the printer’s USB cable from your laptop or computer system.
- Now it’s the right time to turn on your printer.
Why My Brother Printer is Offline but Demonstrates Online
Several Windows users report problems connected to Brother printers offline even if they are linked and completely functioning. The error is typically found in the printers that work with a wi-fi network connection. Then one should strictly follow the technical guidelines utilized for troubleshooting printer offline errors.
- Firstly, you need to go to the start button of the desktop.
- After right-click on that, a tiny screen will pop up and then again click on Devices and Printers.
- The following tab will unlock the control Panel then Hardware and Sound and then Devices and Printers.
- Here and now watch for your printer model and then right-click on it and at the moment click on see what’s printing.
- It’s the right time to reset the printer and after that click on set as default.
Check Brother Printer Connectivity
Brother Printer might be displaying an offline message box when not linked correctly to the Windows 10 laptop, computer, router, or Wi-Fi network. In this condition, you must thoroughly check all the connections by following below mentioned steps.
- First, you need to restart your printer and then wait for three to four minutes till the printer is completely prepared.
- Now check your printer connection (Wireless or USB).
- If you are using a USB cable connection, ensure that they are plugged in appropriately and firmly on your computer as well as printer.
- If you are utilizing a wireless or Wi-Fi connection, ensure that you are linked to the correct network. Now a wireless light on your printer will be in Solid-state if you are linked.
- It’s the perfect time to run a test print.
Brother Printer Connected to Wi-Fi but Offline on Windows 10
If your brother printer is accurately linked even now, it exclaims offline, then it may perhaps have a little to do with the brother printer status. The chosen printer may possibly not be set as the default printer, or it may be offline or stopped from windows 10 printer properties. Follow these simple steps to check all the problems.
- First, open Printers and Devices windows from the Control Panel.
- Now pick your brother printer and then right-click on it to accessible See what’s printing.
- Once more time right-click on the chosen printer and then click on Set as default printer.
- After that, underneath Set as the default printer, you could see your printer status – offline or paused.
- Next step, if the brother printer is paused, just tap on Resume printing.
- Finally, run a test print.
Turning Off the Print Offline Feature
When the print offline feature has been supported, particularly in Windows 10, then the papers to be printed will heap up in the print queue. Therefore, in this result, we will know and understand how to do Brother printer online from offline by simply switching off the print offline feature in Windows 10. Follow below stated easy steps to disable the print offline feature:
- The very first step is to go to the Printer properties.
- The following step is to right-click on the printer and then select the See what’s printing option.
- After that, go for Printer and properly check if the option Use Printer Offline has been marked. If yes, then uncheck this option immediately.
- Now it’s time to save the changes and later exit.
- Now give a print command to test whether this process has assisted in troubleshooting the brother printer status offline issue.
Reinstalling The Printer Driver
A defective printer driver is the most popular reason why Brother printer remains going offline. In fact, antiquated printer drivers, as well as fraudulent ones, can also stop the printing status from being online. Your electronic device may possibly also fail to link correctly with the network frequently.
Reinstalling the brother printer driver could facilitate in facing this problem to quite an extent. Let us look at the simple but effective steps to reinstall it.
- First, turn on your laptop or computer system and push the Windows key and the “R” key simultaneously. In the Run dialogue box that seems, type “devmgmt.msc” and then shot the “Enter” key.
- In the next step, you will have entered the device manager. Now check for the option of Imaging devices and after that discover your printer.
- Next, right-click just after you discover your printer and immediately click on Uninstall Device.
- Now, you will be triggered to choose the option of “Delete drivers”. Select this option.
- The following step is to power off your Brother printer instantly.
- Finally, restart the router as well as your laptop or computer system.
- One more time, connect your Brother printer again from scratch. The offline printer status issue will have been troubleshot by now productively.
The Final Words
In this informative blog post, we discovered why does Brother dcp-l2540dw offline printer keeps going offline and understand in numerous ways we can resolve this issue. Though, in case if it doesn’t resolve then please contact the brother printer technical support team immediately.
We wish your printer keeps printing impeccably. Good luck!