How To Efficiently Eradicate HP Printer Not Printing Color Error?
- Mr. Ryan
- on Jun 16, 2023
Hewlett-Packard has launched a wide variety of printer products for the convenience of printing documents, scanning pictures, and faxing items. Although HP Printer is being utilized for quality printouts, sometimes color ink may stop working on your printer. No matter how nasty HP Printer Not Printing Color issue is, it cannot be avoided at any cost. However, the situation is quite dreadful when your printer output is missing color ink or else the printed page is blank from top-to-toe. You might have less technical proficiency and wonder for a suitable solution.
Fortunately, you land in the right place! In this blog post, we discussed why the printer is deprived of color printing and how to solve it in a jiffy.
- 1 Why Is An HP Printer Being Prevented From Printing In Color?
- 2 Troubleshooting Methods To Eradicate HP Printer Not Printing Color Error
- 2.1 Method 1: Examine Your Color Ink
- 2.2 Method 2: Enable Color Ink Command
- 2.3 Method 3: Clean Your Printer PrintHead
- 2.4 Method 4: Align The PrintHead Perfectly
- 2.5 Method 5: Use Authentic HP Color Ink Cartridges
- 2.6 Method 6: Check Your Printer Settings
- 2.7 Method 7: Update The Printer Driver
- 3 HP Printer 24×7 Online Support For HP Printer Not Printing Color Issue
- 4 FAQs
- 5 1. What Should I Do When My HP Printer Not Printing Color?
- 6 2. How To Clean My HP Ink Cartridge?
- 7 3. Can I Use Third-Party Ink Cartridges For HP Printer?
Why Is An HP Printer Being Prevented From Printing In Color?
There are copious viable reasons behind HP Printer Not Printing Color Correctly problem. Most potential and generic factors excessively responsible for this issue are noted-beneath. Give a glimpse of the listed root cause:
- Insufficient color ink installed in the printer product.
- Disabled Color Printing feature.
- Inappropriate installation of the printer driver.
- If you do not use genuine HP ink cartridges, then you can confront HP Printer Not Printing Color problem.
- Clogged Printhead Nozzle.
- Color Ink Cartridges are not accurately adjusted into their slot.
Troubleshooting Methods To Eradicate HP Printer Not Printing Color Error
Nothing can be more annoying than obtaining poor-quality documents from your reliable printer product. Therefore, a printer not printing color is really unbearable, and thus extensively required to resolve this issue.
Beneath, we’ve compiled the proven fixing solutions that will lend you a hand efficiently eradicating your Printer Not Printing Color problem. So, after deliberation about Why Is My HP Printer Not Printing Color, let’s proceed with the tried and tested troubleshooting techniques. Begin to walk through right away!
Method 1: Examine Your Color Ink
The color cartridge may be falling short of ink at some instinct. That’s why; you need to do a visual inspection consciously, and if necessary, replace the color ink cartridge within a minute. Here’s what to execute:
- First, carefully open your printer’s front cover.
- Next, slightly take out the color printer cartridge.
- If your printer runs out of color ink, install a new genuine HP ink cartridge.
- If, yet, HP Printer Not Printing Color Ink After Refill the color cartridge precisely, check out your ink’s expiry date. Expired or old ink can dry up and even cause the ink to no longer print. In such a scenario, all you need is to purchase a new color cartridge, and after replacing it in your printer, try printing again.
Method 2: Enable Color Ink Command
The color option is perhaps disabled on your Windows PC. So, follow the below-mentioned course of action to turn the printer color command on:
- From your Windows Start button, opt for the “Settings” tab.
- Now, place click on the “Devices and Printers” tab.
- Next, put right-click on the icon of your HP Printer and select “Properties.”
- From the Properties section, click on the “Printing Preferences” tab.
- Now, make a selection of the “Paper/Quality” option and click on “Color.”
- Hit the “OK” tab and finally exit from the Properties window.
- Now, frequently attempt to print your color document. If required, apply the next fixing tips.
Method 3: Clean Your Printer PrintHead
Printhead is a principal factor especially in the printing process as it gently injects ink into the paper in order to produce a presentable text. So, if the printhead is clogged, it will be resulting in the HP Printer Not Printing Color error. At that point, you have to check and instantly clean the printer head. Here’s how:
Using A Built-In Cleaning Toola
- First, press the Windows Start button, and select “Control Panel” from the menu.
- Next, give an instant click on “Devices and Printers.”
- Now, a new windowpane appears, click on the “Print Server Properties” tab.
- Place a right-click on your printing system icon and select the “Printer Properties” option.
- Afterward, on a new window that pops up, click on the “Hardware” tab.
- Tap on the “Clean Ink” button.
- Thereafter, go through the on-screen prompted directives to comprehensively clean the printhead.
- Press the “OK” button just after the process ends.
Now, color ink will possibly start working while you strive to print documents from your HP Printer.
Manually Clean The PrintHead Nozzle
If unfortunately, the printer is not printing in color yet, manually clean the printhead. Here’s how:
- Take a soft paper towel and wet it in the distilled water.
- Slightly remove color ink cartridges from your printer and carefully place them on a paper towel.
- Find out the grey-colored latch that holds printheads in place.
- Lift the latch up and protectively remove printheads.
- Now, wipe the excess ink from the printhead nozzle.
- Deep the printheads into the warm water container for a couple of minutes.
- Afterward, gently take the printheads out of that container and place them on a dry paper towel. Do not touch it until it completely dries up.
- Now, place the printhead back into its desired position. Make sure it is adjusted accurately and then press the latch down.
- Reinstall the printer cartridges as well.
- Now, try printing again to check for the color-printed paper.
Method 4: Align The PrintHead Perfectly
The alignment of your printer PrintHead is somehow not being performed perfectly and thus the HP Printer Not Printing problem arises out of nowhere. Aligning the printheads in the printer would be the blue-chip viable technique to bypass the color cartridges and enhance print quality. So, let’s begin to perform printhead alignment with the use of the HP Smart app:
- First, power on your HP Printer.
- Ensure the A-4-sized stack of plain white paper is loaded in the input tray.
- Now, open the HP Smart App on your computer.
- Click your Printer Model in the HP Smart window.
- In the left menu, under the “Utilities” header, click on the “Print Quality Tools” tab.
- After that, tap on the “Align Printheads” option.
- You will now be prompted to receive a printed alignment page. So, go through the instructions displayed on the page.
Once your printer cartridges are realigned successfully, you can print without any objections.
Method 5: Use Authentic HP Color Ink Cartridges
Using different brands of ink cartridges (the cartridges not made by the HP manufacturer) can create chaos due to compatibility issues. Further, the printer will not recognize your new ink cartridges and hence result in HP Printer Won’t Print Color/Black Ink. So, always try installing genuine as well as compatible toner cartridges for your HP Printer product. By doing so, the printer will detect the original ink and thus deliver high-quality printouts without delay.
Method 6: Check Your Printer Settings
By default, the printer is set to black-and-white or grayscale. This could be the one prevalent reason for the HP Printer Not Printing Color problem. So, keep your close eyes on the printer settings and ensure it is correctly configured for color printing. If not, follow the below steps:
- On your Windows 10 PC, open the Control Panel app.
- Go to the “Hardware and Sound” section and tap “View devices and printers.”
- Now, right-click on the HP Printer icon and select “Printing Preferences” from the menu.
- Click the “Color” tab located at the top.
- Now, under “Color Options”, click the “Automatic” radio button to choose your color printing.
- Finally, click “OK” to save.
Method 7: Update The Printer Driver
Updating a printer driver is a powerful solution to get rid of any printing problems including HP Printer Not Printing Color. An intuitive guide for driver updates is noted below; let’s follow them one by one:
- Open the Windows Search box and type in “devmgmt.msc” the field.
- The “Device Manager” Windows will appear.
- Now, expand the “Print Queue” or “Printers” category by clicking the arrow on that window.
- Right-click on the “HP Printer” icon and select the option of “Update Driver”
- Click “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- If the driver is already up-to-date, it displays the “The best driver software for your device is already installed” message.
- Otherwise, follow the onscreen instructed guide to immediately install the updated driver.
- In the end, restart the computer that is linked to your printer device.
Furthermore, you can download and install the latest version of the printer driver via the HP official site. Correct installation of a driver will bring your printer printing back in color without any disruption.
HP Printer 24×7 Online Support For HP Printer Not Printing Color Issue
The aforementioned solutions are easy and quick annihilation of the HP Printer Not Printing Color issue. So, feel free to check and implement all these proffered solving tricks one after another. If none of the solutions works in resolving your printer won’t print in color problem, don’t feel blue! We have a dexterous team of tech specialists to cater to your need within the respective timeframe. Thus, dial the HP Printer 24×7 Online Support Number to consult them and grab a productive solution in a budget-friendly manner.
1. What Should I Do When My HP Printer Not Printing Color?
Immediately check your printer settings on your Windows device and ensure the print job is set to Color. Furthermore, perform the Printhead Alignment to get the printed page in color.
2. How To Clean My HP Ink Cartridge?
Cleaning an HP ink cartridge can help resolve the HP Printer Not Printing Color. So, here’s the procedure to follow:
- Take out the sealed unit in which ink is installed.
- Now, inspect for dried or clog ink.
- Damp a lint-free cloth with distilled water.
- Gently wipe the excessive ink.
- Let the cartridge dry completely.
- Then, reinstall it properly in your printer product.
3. Can I Use Third-Party Ink Cartridges For HP Printer?
If you really want to have a high-quality printout from your printer product, then you will never be recommended to use third-party ink cartridges. Always prefer genuine HP ink to avoid any uncertain printing issues.