Troubleshoot Epson Printer Not Printing Properly Issue Easily
- Mr. Ryan
- on Aug 11, 2023
Printers are essential tools in modern offices and homes, providing convenience for various printing needs. However, an Epson printer not printing properly can be a real roadblock. Frustration mounts as colors fade, lines streak, or pages emerge with missing text. Understanding why this issue occurs is the first step toward solving it. In this blog post, we’ll explore the common reasons and present nine detailed solutions to restore your Epson printer to its optimal performance.
- 1 Why Is My Epson Printer Not Printing Colour Properly?
- 2 Solutions to Fix the Epson Printer Not Printing Properly Issue
- 2.1 Solution 1: Replace or Refill the Ink Cartridge
- 2.2 Solution 2: Update the Printer Driver
- 2.3 Solution 3: Clean Print Head
- 2.4 Solution 4: Align the Paper
- 2.5 Solution 5: Restart Your Printer
- 2.6 Solution 6: Use Printer Troubleshooter
- 2.7 Solution 7: Set the Printer as Default
- 2.8 Solution 8: Check the Print Queue
- 2.9 Solution 9: Reinstall Epson Printer
- 3 Conclusion
Why Is My Epson Printer Not Printing Colour Properly?
Your printing may not be printing the color correctly due to the following reasons:
- An empty or nearly empty ink cartridge can lead to improper printing.
- Outdated or incompatible drivers might disrupt the printer’s functionality.
- A clogged or misaligned print head may cause prints to appear faded or streaky.
- Loose or faulty connections between the printer and computer can create printing errors.
- Incorrect paper alignment might lead to skewed or uneven prints.
Solutions to Fix the Epson Printer Not Printing Properly Issue
If your Epson printer is not printing the color correctly, then you don’t have to worry. With the given solutions you can easily fix the issue from your printer. These are:
Solution 1: Replace or Refill the Ink Cartridge
Ink serves as a vital component for printers, facilitating the production of vivid visuals and precise textual content. When the ink cartridge is depleted or nearing depletion, the printer’s ability to accurately transfer ink onto the paper is compromised, resulting in prints that are faded, streaky, or perhaps incomplete. The following are the procedures:
- Examine the display or software of your printer to determine whether any cartridges are depleted or running low.
- If a cartridge replacement or refill is required, it is advisable to acquire the appropriate ink that is specifically designed for the Epson printer model in question.
- To initiate the process, kindly proceed to access the ink cartridge cover of your printer and use caution while extracting the specific cartridge that necessitates either replacement or refilling.
- When engaging in the process of replacement, it is necessary to insert the new cartridge into the designated slot.
Note: When engaging in the process of refilling, it is recommended to utilize a refill kit for the purpose of adding ink to the cartridge. It is important to adhere to the instructions supplied within the kit in order to successfully complete the refilling procedure.
- To prevent leakage or misalignment, it is important to ensure that the cartridge is put accurately and firmly.
- Ultimately, it is advisable to generate a test page in order to validate the proper functionality of the newly installed or replenished ink cartridge.
Solution 2: Update the Printer Driver
Printer drivers translate data into the printer’s operational format as an intermediate between the printer and the computer. Sometimes communication issues, including partial prints, error messages, and printer unresponsiveness, might come from outdated, corrupted, or incompatible drivers. Users may synchronize the latest printer driver with the operating system for seamless communication and excellent printing by installing the latest printer driver. Update it with the following:
- Firstly, ensure you know your Epson printer’s exact model, as you’ll need this information to find the correct driver.
- Secondly, navigate the Epson website to the support or drivers section.
- Now, enter your printer’s model into the search bar and look for the latest driver compatible with your operating system.
- After that, click on the download link for the appropriate updated driver. Make sure to download it from the official Epson site to avoid malicious software.
- Next, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the new driver. You may need administrative rights on your computer to complete the installation.
- After installing the new updated driver, you have to restart your computer.
- Finally, print a test page to confirm that the updated driver has resolved the printing issue.
Solution 3: Clean Print Head
The print head is transferred ink onto the paper. Over time, ink residues can build up on the print head, causing clogs that lead to the Epson printer not printing properly issue. Furthermore, regular cleaning removes these residues, ensuring that ink can flow freely and accurately onto the paper. This restores the printer’s ability to produce clean, clear prints. The following are the steps:
- Go to the printer’s settings or its software on your computer.
- Then, find the cleaning option in the maintenance or utilities section.
- Now, follow the prompts to start the cleaning process.
- Afterward, allow the printer to complete the cleaning; it may take several minutes.
- Confirm the cleaning was successful by printing a test page.
- If problems persist, go with the following solution:
Solution 4: Align the Paper
Misaligned paper in the printer tray can lead to printing issues like paper jams or Epson printer not printing properly. Aligning the paper properly ensures smooth feeding through the printer, resulting in crisp, uniform prints. Here are the steps:
- Open the paper tray and carefully pull it out.
- Slide the paper guides to check the paper size.
- Place the paper in the tray, ensuring it’s flush against the guides.
- Use the printer’s settings to confirm the alignment, if available.
- Print a test page to ensure the paper feeds through the printer correctly.
Solution 5: Restart Your Printer
Restarting the printer can resolve a surprising number of issues, including the Epson printer not printing properly issue. This simple action can refresh the printer’s system and clear any temporary glitches. Now, go with the following means:
- Firstly, press the power button on the printer to turn it off.
- Then, wait for at least 10 seconds to ensure a complete shutdown.
- After that, press the power button again to turn the printer back on.
- Wait for the printer to complete its startup routine and become ready.
- Lastly, print a test page to confirm that the issue has been resolved.
Solution 6: Use Printer Troubleshooter
Using the printer troubleshooter is an efficient way to diagnose and automatically fix Epson printer not printing properly problems. Since, the troubleshooter scans for issues and applies fixes when possible, making it a convenient solution for non-expert users. The following are the means to pursue:
- On your computer, click on the Start menu.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Choose Update & Security.
- Click on Troubleshoot to find the troubleshooting options.
- Select the Printer from the list of troubleshooters available.
- Click on Run the troubleshooter and go with the on-screen instructions.
- Restart the printer if prompted by the troubleshooter.
- Print a test page to inspect for the issue.
Solution 7: Set the Printer as Default
Setting your Epson printer as the default ensures print commands are sent to the correct device. This can resolve issues when print jobs are mistakenly sent to the wrong printer or not printed. Hence, by setting the Epson printer as the default printer, you ensure that all print jobs are directed to the correct device, potentially resolving issues related to misdirected printing or failure to print. Following are the steps to fix the Epson printer not printing properly issue:
- First, click on the Start menu.
- Then, open Settings.
- Now, navigate to Devices.
- After that, click on the Printers & Scanners tab on the left side.
- Next, locate your Epson printer from the list of available printers.
- Click on the printer and then select Manage.
- Afterward, click on Set as default.
- Lastly, confirm the change and close the settings window.
By setting the Epson printer as the default printer, you ensure that all print jobs are directed to the correct device, potentially resolving issues related to misdirected printing or failure to print.
Solution 8: Check the Print Queue
Checking the print queue allows you to see any pending print jobs that might be causing the Epson printer not printing properly issue. You can cancel stuck jobs and resume normal printing by managing the print queue. Furthermore, following the given steps, you can manage the print queue and resolve common printing delays or errors related to stuck or failed print jobs.
- First, right-click the printer icon in your taskbar or go to Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.
- After that, find your Epson printer in the list of devices.
- Now, right-click on the printer and pick See What’s Printing.
- Here, review the print queue, looking for any stuck or paused jobs.
- If needed, right-click on the problematic job and choose Cancel or Restart.
- Lastly, close the print queue window and try printing again to confirm the resolution.
Solution 9: Reinstall Epson Printer
Uninstalling and reinstalling a printer can address stubborn issues by erasing old configurations and replacing them with fresh settings. This method often fixes problems that more straightforward troubleshooting can’t resolve. It also fixes the Epson printer not printing properly issue. The following are the steps:
Uninstall the Printer
- Click on the Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Navigate to Devices and Printers.
- Locate your Epson printer in the printers section.
- Right-click on the printer’s name and select Remove device.
- Confirm the uninstallation in the prompt that appears.
- Restart your computer to conclude the uninstallation process.
Reinstalling the Printer:
- Open your web browser.
- After that, navigate to the Epson support website.
- Search for your specific printer model.
- Now, download the appropriate drivers and software for your operating system.
- Afterward, open the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer.
- Connect the printer to your computer if prompted.
- Complete the installation process and lastly, print a test page to confirm the printer functions correctly.
Also Read: Epson printer, not printing
An Epson printer not printing properly is an annoying problem hindering your workflow or personal projects. However, the solutions provided in this blog are straightforward and can be carried out with minimal technical knowledge. By systematically working through these steps, you can get your Epson printer back in shape and return to efficient and quality printing. If problems persist, don’t hesitate to contact our Epson’s support or seek professional help, as the issue might be more complex. Thank You!